If you want to know what is the strongest denture adhesive on the market, you’re in luck!
Below we’ll take a look at the different types of denture adhesives. And find out which are the strongest and the best.
Types of Denture Adhesives
Denture adhesives usually come in different forms. There are pastes, adhesive pads, powders, and etc. These can all be used to help keep dentures in place.
Is Denture Adhesive Necessary?
However, that said, good dentures do not need adhesives. They should be a great fit if they are made correctly.
But what most people do not realize is that as time passes, the bone structure in the mouth also experiences shrinkage. This may cause dentures to loosen. And dentures need to be changed when they become loose so they fit properly.
As a temporary solution, denture adhesives were created. With denture adhesives, your dentures can become more stable. With all that said, here are some of the strongest denture adhesives on the market.
An Overview of Your Adhesive Options
Zinc-Free Denture Adhesives
This type of denture adhesives is free from zinc (as you can tell from the name!). The reason they are zinc-free is to avoid toxicity. It is a safer alternative that can secure a long-lasting hold on your dentures. It’s also designed to keep food particles from entering your dentures. Because it is a safer alternative, it is highly recommended to choose zinc-free denture adhesives.
Denture Adhesive Powders
Alternatively, denture adhesive powders also provide a strong all-day hold. They keep food from getting under your dentures. They also prevent your dentures from slipping. Denture adhesive powders are great for both full dentures and partial dentures.
Natural Denture Adhesive Powders
Also known as organic denture adhesives, these are also a great option. They do not contain artificial scents, colors, or flavors. They are also free from preservatives, zinc, petrochemicals, and other harmful chemicals. These are more expensive, but can be a great option if you’re looking for an alternative option.
What is the Strongest Denture Adhesive on the Market?
Here are some of the best denture adhesives for you to check out:
- Super Poligrip Free Denture Adhesive Cream
- Fixodent Extra Hold
- Fixodent Complete Original Denture Cream
- Ezo Denture Cushions
- Secure Waterproof Denture Adhesive by Dentex
Tips On Choosing the Best Adhesive For You
Now that you have some good options to look into, how do you know which is the best? Well, the “best” is different for everyone. But here are some tips to help you choose the best one for you.
- Choose a zinc-free denture adhesive. Zinc toxicity can cause nerve damage. And that is definitely not something you want! Sure, zinc is good for your body given in correct amounts. But too much zinc can cause some serious damage to your health. So, especially if you are already taking zinc supplements, it is not ideal to use denture adhesives with zinc.
- Experiment! As you have seen, there are a number of different types of denture adhesives. There’s cream, powder, strips, cushions, and pads. The best way to find out which one is best for you is by trying out different types to see what works best.
- Check the taste. Some denture adhesives have added flavors. Some people prefer taste-free adhesives, so be sure to check the label.
- Check the hold time. Of course, this is one of the most important factors. You’ll want to choose a denture adhesive that can stay for longer periods of time.