The average cost of full mouth dental implant ranges from $24,000 to $49,000, and can go as high as $100,000!
Whoa, why does it cost so much? Simple, it’s a surgical procedure that requires a cosmetic dentistry specialist.
Before you leave thinking it’s too expensive, consider consulting your insurance company – insurance will sometimes cover these procedures i it’s related to a significant health issue. There are also a growing number of dental implant plans available to consumers that can significantly reduce your costs.
Dental implants pricing is impacted by the following factors
- Cosmetic Dentist: Not all dentists are the same, some are better than others, and they’ll charge for it.
- Medical Consultation: The dentist will need to review your medical history and x-ray your mouth.
- Teeth Extraction: Any existing teeth must be fully removed before the implant can be inserted
- Jaw Health: Your jaw bones health will play into the procedure. Sometimes bone grafts are necessary to strengthen your jaws so it can handle the dental implant.
- Implants: The parts that fuse with your jaw bone.
- Abutments: Connects implants to crowns (fake teeth)
- Crowns: Your new teeth – comes in several different materials that will impact cost and durability.
What Type Of Experience Should I Expect For The Cost?
If you’re experiencing health issues associated with your mouth and need multiple dental implants, you’re going to at least want to consult a cosmetic dentist with years of experience.
If you need extensive bone grafting work, you want to make sure you’re getting it done by a professional with years of experience. It may also impact whether or not you can get insurance to help pick up some of the cost. A detailed treatment plan from a well established cosmetic dentist is sometimes required in such cases.
As with anything though, shop around for the best deal that provides you with the most cost effective and safe option!